Passing the torch.

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Mon Sep 25 21:36:29 AEST 2017

All,

I've been the maintainer of OpenBMC and development lead for IBM for
approximately 1.5 years.  Nearly every line of code contributed to the
project has been reviewed by me.  But, I've recently decided to take a
new position within the industry and as such it is time for me to pass
along the torch, so to speak.

Wednesday Sept 20th was my last day employed by IBM and today, Monday
Sept 25th, I begin a new position.  With my new role, my time devoted to
the project will be significantly less.  As such, after discussing with
the IBM team, I've given Brad Bishop maintainer rights to the project.

Going forward, any statement I make with respect to the project should
interpreted as my personal opinion as an individual contributor and not
representing either IBM or my new employer, unless explicitly stated
otherwise.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my role the last few years, working with this
project and the community, and wish the project all the best.  Please
join me in congratulating Brad for taking on this responsibility and
give him your support.

--
Patrick Williams