Porting OpenBMC to Raspberry PI 3.

Chris Austen austenc at us.ibm.com
Sat Sep 23 06:24:57 AEST 2017

As you can see there has been a desire for over a year to have it
supported.  Raspberrypi supported is interesting since it allows for an
easy reference board to develop and learn from.  It provides other
communities to get involved and it presents a very cheap model for test
automation.  The developers talking on that issue had other systems and
timelines that got in the way of providing the community a cheap usable
hardware reference.

As you yourself discovered, OpenBMC kernel development can be difficult
without system level specs.  With the Pi you remove the problem.

Chris Austen
POWER Systems Enablement Manager
(512) 286-5184 (T/L: 363-5184)

Javier Romero <xavinux at gmail.com> wrote on 09/22/2017 01:56:45 PM:

> From: Javier Romero <xavinux at gmail.com>
> To: Chris Austen <austenc at us.ibm.com>
> Cc: openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org
> Date: 09/22/2017 01:56 PM
> Subject: Re: Porting OpenBMC to Raspberry PI 3.
>
> Seems that obmc on Raspberry PI is not a primary use case...
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/399
>
> Javier Romero
> E-mail: xavinux at gmail.com
> Skype: xavinux

> Chris,

> Thank you for your answer. I'll start working on those points
you'vesuggested.