IPMI - get device ID

tomjose tomjose at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 27 22:52:30 AEDT 2017

Hello Dave,

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/495

We had this issue open to fix the hardcoded Product ID, Manufacturing
ID..etc. Since these fields are IPMI specific, we do not plan to create
D-Bus properties for that.

The solution we have in mind is to have these values specified in a yaml
in the openbmc machine specific layer. This gives the advantage that we
have these values as machine specific and can be taken care at compile
time. We would add code in phosphor-host-ipmid, to generate code out of
this yaml file and serve the Get Device ID command.

Dinesh is working on this and he would share the code on gerrit to
solicit your feedback. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Tom