PECI API?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Oct 24 06:17:12 AEDT 2017

> On Oct 21, 2017, at 4:57 AM, David Müller (ELSOFT AG) <d.mueller at elsoft.ch> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Is anyone working on an API definition for PECI?
>

> Dave

Full disclosure - the Wikipedia article is the extent of my
background on PECI.

Rather than a PECI API, would it make any sense to define a
an abstract concept API, where one implementation of it has a
PECI backend?

My cursory glance at the Wikipedia article suggests PECI provides
temperature readings (I’m sure it does much more) but the basic
thought process I’ve outlined would allow control applications
or metric gathering applications, etc to be re-used irrespective
of where the data is coming from.

-brad