Machine-scope maintainers for OpenBMC

Lei YU mine260309 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 12:23:25 AEDT 2017

Hi Andrew, Brad,

I would like to bring a question about how do we welcome system
vendors' systems.

Background: in gerrit we already have some system vendors' machines
under review:
* meta-inventec/meta-lanyang: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/3888/
* meta-yadro/meta-vesnin: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/6429/

They both contain a "large" commit that introduce a machine.

I know we have suggestions to split the commit into separated smaller
ones, but this
seems a bit hard:
* The work is based (referenced) on a similar machine, e.g palmetto or
zaius, which
   means the base code (meta-xxx) is already big;
* The change is submitted as a "squashed" one after it's built and
tested, which means
   not each "internal" commit can be built successfully.

In such case, how do we handle this case? Is it possible to accept a
large squashed commit
if and *only* if the change is to introduce a new meta-machine?

Thanks!