OpenBMC on Supermicro X11SSH-F

Keno Fischer keno at juliacomputing.com
Mon Oct 16 09:33:53 AEDT 2017

Hi folks,

as I mentioned on IRC I've been working on porting OpenBMC to the Supermicro
X11SSH-F board's BMC (an AST2400). It's not complete (lacking most sensors,
but
does have leds and host power control), but there's enough there that I'd
like to
kick of the discussion on how to incorporate this.

I should note that I have no affiliation with Supermicro and no access to
the datasheet
or schematic. What I know about the board was derived by poking the board
with
an oscilloscope.

The patch sets are here (just so people can take a look, some of them need
a bit
of cleanup before I submit them for review):
linux: https://github.com/Keno/openbmc-linux
qemu: https://github.com/Keno/openbmc-qemu
openbmc: https://github.com/Keno/openbmc

With that a couple of questions:
1. Are you interested in having support for this board in tree?
2. If so, am i correct that patches
   a. to the openbmc linux tree should be emailed here
   b. to openbmc itself should be submitted via gerrit?
   c. to qemu should be emailed upstream with the appropriate cc?

I'd like to thank all the people on IRC who've helped me get this up and
running.
I also very much appreciate all the work you've been doing in developing
this in
the open and upstreaming your work. I'm hoping my work on this port can help
amplify the impact this work by making openbmc more widely available.

Keno