On the state of documentation

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Nov 16 01:40:35 AEDT 2017

The sdbusplus generator that is used on the *-dbus-interfaces repos already supports generating markdown documentation for the APIs. This was suppose to be roughly equivalent to the “old” documentation.

The plan was:
  1. Enhance the make files to run the markdown generator.
  2. Add a Jenkins job that would run it and publish to the openbmc.github.io repo on merge to an *-dbus-interfaces repo.

I don’t think either of these steps has been done but they are also not a significant effort.

Have you looked at the current markdown generation output to see if this would be helpful?

Patrick
Sent from my iPhone