Consistent naming for physical LED.

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed May 31 23:00:20 AEST 2017

On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 10:09:55AM +0000, Rahul Maheshwari3 wrote:
>    Patrick
>    I was believing that these 3 physical LEDs(Identify, Fault, Power) will
>    be lit on/off based on group LED asserted state. Example: Physical's
>    fault LED will be lit ON when any fault LED(e.g. cpu0fault) in group is
>    asserted.
>    If that is not the case and we need to rely on below LED groups to get
>    full system status then - how are we going to display state like blink
>    in future using these group LED?

Specific LED behavior is a system policy that differs by system and
OEM/ODM.  There is not a common set of tests we can create for that.

The groups indicate a virtual function like "the FRU x has a fault" or
"the system is powered on", which may cause an indicator like an LED to
behave in a certain way.  The behavior itself is system specific.  (As
an example, Witherspoon has a front-fault and rear-fault LED that are
both turned 'on' when the system has a fault).

--
Patrick Williams