DHCP client behavior

Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian hramasub at in.ibm.com
Thu Mar 9 23:10:55 AEDT 2017

a) Default the Client ID to the MAC addr
b) Provide an interface (rest?) on the BMC  to configure / provision the
Client ID to an arbitrary string (e.g. ibm-obmc -007)

The need to provision the client ID can be based on the IP addr allocation
policy defined on the DHCP *server* in the data center.

One such use case view here:
https://www.net.princeton.edu/announcements/dhcp-cliid-must-match-chaddr.html

regards,
Hari !

Hariharasubramanian R.
Power Firmware Development
IBM India Systems & Technology Lab, Bangalore, India
Phone:  +91 80 4025 6950