Switch up eth0 and eth1 to BMC shared and dedicated resp. ( Zaius )

Rob Lippert rlippert at google.com
Sat Jun 10 03:13:17 AEST 2017

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Adriana Kobylak <anoo at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Looping in the community for feedback.

The eth0 and eth1 on the BMC map to the BMC hardware MAC unit #.  On
Zaius MAC1 is connected to various NC-SI stuff and MAC2 is connected
to the dedicated BMC MAC.

So the eth numbers should not move around even if there is nothing
connected on the other end of eth0.  The only way the dedicated BMC
MAC MAC2 would become eth0 should be if the devtree entry for BMC MAC1
was removed.

-Rob