[RFC] USB gadget driver for AST2x00 vHub

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jun 6 23:19:48 AEST 2017

Hi !

So I've been writing a new UDC gadget driver for the vHub from scratch.

It's still a work in progress as I haven't yet implement the "hub"
functionality yet, so it's a single device UDC driver at the moment.

There are also various improvements that need to be done, but overall
it's functional enough to give me about 200Mbit/sec off hdparm -tf of a
mass storage fed off a tmpfs file.

I'll be working on it more sporadically during the next few weeks, I
plan to have the virtual hub functionality going at some point and
might look into further performance improvements, but it's in a state
where some reviews/feedback could come in handy if anybody feels like
having a look.

So for the curious, look here:

  https://github.com/ozbenh/linux-ast/commits/bmc

This is also to make sure nobody else is duplicating the work.

(This contains *no* code from any of the existing implementations I've
seen floating around, which have some serious issues anyway, and not
just coding style related :-) This was written from scratch from a
blank slate, using other upstream UDC drivers as guides).

Cheers,
Ben.