GPIO offsets used by userspace

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Mon Jan 30 12:34:40 AEDT 2017

Hi all,

Just a heads up that when the linked patch is pulled into the OpenBMC
kernel it will break our userspace. We will need to synchronise the
kernel bump with the fixes for the machine configs to update the magic
GPIO offset number.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/1/26/786

The magic offset is essentially 512-(ngpios) (I don't know why, but
that's the behaviour), and this now varies between AST2400 and AST2500
systems due to the AST2500 having an extra bank, and also because the
AST2400 has a "hole" at the end of its GPIO number space.

Cheers,

Andrew