RFC: new design of phosphor-time-manager on sdbusplus

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Jan 17 06:44:48 AEDT 2017

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 03:42:50PM +0800, Mine wrote:
> New Design
>
> Create two objects:

You mean 'classes' or 'objects'?  I think you mean two classes, which
initially we will only have 1 instance of each.  Please make sure the
HostEpoch implementation can relatively-easily be enhanced to have
multiple instances.

>    - BmcEpoch
>    - HostEpoch
>
> They both implements EpochTime interface.
>
> For BmcEpoch:
>
>    - When elapsed() is called, return BMC time;
>    - When elapsed(us) is called, use above SetTime(“bmc”) logic
>
> For HostEpoch:
>
>    - When elapsed() is called, return HOST time;
>    - When elapsed(us) is called, use above SetTime(“host”) logic.

Seems ok.

The errors also need to be converted to dbus-defined errors, right?

> And there will be no “curr_time_mode/owner” or “requested_time_mode/owner”
> properties on DBUS.

So these are only stored in phosphor-settingsd now or are they also used
internally for decisions?  I believe the previous implementation had
them exposed more for debug purposes.  Are you going to add them to the
journal at least?

--
Patrick Williams