IPMI implementation and OpenBMC timeline question

Sergey Kachkin s.kachkin at yadro.com
Wed Feb 22 02:10:00 AEDT 2017

Hi team,

i've read many issues at OpenBmc github but still have few questions.
I'm wondering if this PDL is the right place for such questions or may
be you can point me to right resource:

1.  i can see many efforts to implement new functionality into OpenBMC.
Is there any schedule/timeline  to 'stabilize' the project to get
production level stability? What 'Phase 5' label means in term of timeline?

2. we are interested in IPMI protocol and i would like to figure out
what features are being developed by OpenBMC contributors to avoid
re-inventing the wheel.
So far i found following open issues:

- sdr and sensors https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/441
- fru https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/442
- sol https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/432
-user accounts management:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/446https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/431
- chassis control: https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/440
- dcmihttps://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/445
<https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/issues/445>
    btw is this dcmi still on schedule?

The issues above are labeled as "Phase 5" but i do not see any timelines
or assignees for these issues.
Is someone working on the issues above?

Also am i correct that other IPMI features that enables 'mc' ,
'session'  (for example)  ipmitool commands working are not being
developped?

thanks in advance,

regards,
Sergey