DSTREAM/DS-5 use on AST2500 EVB

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Sat Feb 18 12:02:14 AEDT 2017

Hello David,

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 6:45 AM, David Thompson <dthompson at mellanox.com> wrote:
> Does anyone utilize tools like DSTREAM & DS-5 for
> development and debug of OpenBMC software on
> the AST2500 EVB?   I’m actively looking to create,
> or acquire, the required DSTREAM/DS-5 platform
> configuration files for the AST2500 EVB platform.

I had to search for DSTREAM. Is this what you are referring to?

 https://developer.arm.com/products/software-development-tools/debug-probes-and-adapters/dstream

No, we have not used any ICE or JTAG in our development. We have not
used DS-5 either. Perhaps try to contact Aspeed directly?

Those of us working on the low level software has stuck to open source
tools. We haven't had a requirement for any hardware debugging.

Our Qemu model of the ast2500 and ast2400 SoCs is quite detailed. Most
of the code is upstream, but if you want the latest then take a look
at our repository:

 https://github.com/openbmc/qemu

Cheers,

Joel