Aspeed ADC driver

Rick Altherr raltherr at google.com
Fri Feb 17 19:43:52 AEDT 2017

I've finished cleaning up my Aspeed ADC driver and it should be ready for
upstream.  I'm headed out of town for the holiday weekend so I'll wait
until I get back to send it upstream.  In the meantime, I've pushed two
branches to http://github.com/kc8apf/linux.

ast2400_adc_for_upstream is just the bindings documentation and driver
based against upstream's hwmon staging tree.

ast2400_adc_openbmc has cherry-picks of upstream hwmon changes needed by
the ADC driver, the bindings documentation, the driver, addition of the adc
nodes to aspeed-g4.dtsi, and an updated dts for Q71L including ADC channel
labels.

I've booted the latter branch on a Q71L and verified I get sane ADC
readings.  I'd appreciate if someone updates aspeed-g5.dtsi and verifies it
works on a AST2500.  If all goes well, I'll submit to upstream on Tuesday.

Rick