Users of SBE FIFO kernel driver

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Fri Feb 10 08:16:59 AEDT 2017

On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 04:35:30PM +0530, Venkatesh Sainath wrote:
> > Where do we stand with the sbei protocol device driver?  Who owns this
> > and is it complete?
> >
> The plan was to port the sbei protocol driver developed on FSP based
> systems. Chris: I believe Dhruvaraj discussed with you about this driver
> when he was in Austin. I can share the latest version of this driver.

Is this "driver" really a driver in the Linux sense or is it a shared
library that is used in FSP userspace?  Whatever code we end up using we
eventually need it to be upstream-able into the real Linux kernel.

Is this something that Dhruv can take on or is this going to be left to
Chris?  How do we handle divergence between the open-source code and the
IBM proprietary version (the one direction is an IBM-internal problem,
but I have concern that future development will only be happening on
the proprietary one and we'll have to keep playing catch up).

--
Patrick Williams