OpenBMC Image Management

Rick Altherr raltherr at google.com
Wed Feb 1 05:33:07 AEDT 2017

dm-verity works by hashing each 4k block of the raw block device.  The
resulting tree of hashes is stored on the block device outside the
filesystem.  That should work fine for MTD.  I suspect it will work with
UBI as well since UBI is just another block device type.  So, we can
probably store FIT+squashfs+dm-verity(of squashfs)+UBIFS(r/w) in UBI.
It'll take some experimentation.

Rick