Metrics vs Logging, Continued

Patrick Venture venture at google.com
Thu Dec 21 07:01:17 AEDT 2017

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:07 AM,  <Michael.E.Brown at dell.com> wrote:
> So what do you mean by "something similar on the inside"? Do you have references?

I was just indicating that this use of http to export metrics is
something with which I'm familiar.

> And what do you mean by "not well-suited for an embedded platform"? What metrics are you using to base this opinion on?
> --

I'm going from design metrics.  Every daemon now will need a thread to
provide the information to anyone who asks.  So that's X daemons
needing new threads to handle the requests.  That's my understanding
of how this works when you add the library to your daemon.