[patch v1 0/2] JTAG driver introduction

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Tue Aug 29 06:03:05 AEST 2017

Hi!

> > Thanks a lot for review.
> >

> > We used user space tool for that, which is an adaptation of some
> > Lattice tools, which allows programming of SVF files. We are using
> > it for Lattice CPLD burning, since we have for such devices on our
> > system, but this tool could be used for programming other devices
> > from other vendors as well.
>
> > https://github.com/mellanoxbmc/mellanox-bmc-tools
>
> Since you are defining a new Kernel ABI here, it would be good to get
> some buy-in from potential users for the ABI. Maybe for the next
> version of the patchset you can cross post to the OpenOCD-devel list?

Actually, since you are defining a new ABI, it would be nice to have a
Documentation/ file with the ABI description, so that people can
review it...

Otherwise... yes, this looks like a step in right direction from 60000
feet above. I guess it is still a lot of work to get gdb running...

Thanks,
									Pavel