Regarding oe-core2.4

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Aug 23 21:02:28 AEST 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 06:01:14PM -0700, sachin naik wrote:
> I see that oe-core 2.4 is coming on 2017 October.
>

> Is there anything planned taking openBMC to oe-core 2.4. If Yes I would be
> more interested to know the dates?
>
> Thanks and regards
> Sachin

Sachin,

We do not track the upstream oe-core releases, but Yocto.  Generally we try to
keep reasonably up-to-date with Yocto.  We did an update in about April
to 2.2, but unfortunately we are not on 2.3 yet.  It is just a matter of
someone volunteering to do the work whenever 2.4 comes out.

If no one else volunteers to do the upgrade, I suspect we will do our
next upgrade either in October or January based on the IBM team's
planned availability.

--
Patrick Williams