[patch v3 2/3] drivers: jtag: Add Aspeed SoC 24xx and 25xx families JTAG master driver

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Aug 19 22:27:37 AEST 2017

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 3:21 AM, kbuild test robot <lkp at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi Oleksandr,
>
> [auto build test ERROR on linus/master]
> [also build test ERROR on v4.13-rc5 next-20170817]
> [if your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, please drop us a note to help improve the system]
>
> url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Oleksandr-Shamray/drivers-jtag-Add-JTAG-core-driver/20170818-114739
> config: um-allyesconfig (attached as .config)
> compiler: gcc-6 (Debian 6.2.0-3) 6.2.0 20160901
> reproduce:
>         # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>         make ARCH=um
>
> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):
>
>    drivers/auxdisplay/img-ascii-lcd.o: In function `img_ascii_lcd_probe':
>    drivers/auxdisplay/img-ascii-lcd.c:386: undefined reference to `devm_ioremap_resource'
>    drivers/jtag/jtag-aspeed.o: In function `aspeed_jtag_init':
>>> drivers/jtag/jtag-aspeed.c:635: undefined reference to `devm_ioremap_resource'
>    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

So arch/um now provides an ioremap() stub despite the absence of
CONFIG_HAS_IOMEM, but the respective devm_* interface from
lib/devres.c is not available.

We can either work around this for new drivers as we used to do for
ioremap() by adding a correct 'depends on HAS_IOMEM' Kconfig
dependency, or we could find a way for arch/um to provide stubs
for the additional functions as well.

      Arnd