REST API docs

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Aug 3 16:13:56 AEST 2017

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 10:19:47AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 08:01 -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
> >
> > Generally speaking, docs are for stable releases, aren't they?
>
> Certainly not !
>
> You cannot change an API in a backward compatible way and keep the doc
> documenting the old/wrong way in the repo. That's just plain wrong.
>
> Ben.

Fair enough.  I honestly though calling this entire code stream 1.99.x
was sufficient "hear be dragons" to prevent people from coding to things
unless they speak up.  We've been actively engaging the teams that we
knew were affected by all of our API changes, and we were not aware of
this one.  The teams we keep informed outside of the direct development
community are: openbmc test-automation team, xCAT, and the GUI
development team.

I will make sure we go through the docs repository soon and clearly point
out everything that is deprecated in the 1.99.x code stream as such.

--
Patrick Williams