Ipmitool compatibility with host-ipmid - Bootparam options

guhan balasubramanian guhan.sac at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 08:43:49 AEST 2017

Hi,

Currently openbmc's host-ipmid implements petitboot options (in
host-ipmid/chassishandler.cpp) where it only implements Boot param 0x05 and
0x61.

Hence the following ipmitool command works:
*ipmitool chassis bootparam get 0x05 *

But when the following ipmitool command is issued, it fails with
unsupported parameter error:
*ipmitool chassis bootparam set bootflag force_disk*

In the opipmitool code, I see bootparam requests like 0x00 and 0x04 in the
process. The set bootflag hence, fails with a unsupported parameter
request.

Is this expected?
If so, do we just test it using the raw ipmitool commands instead?
*ipmitool raw 0x00 0x08 0x05 0x80 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00*

Thanks,
Guhan