Switching to 4.10

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri Apr 21 12:30:41 AEST 2017

Hello team,

I want to make the 4.10 change happen. We don't have the resource to
be maintaining two trees, and the 4.10 tree has a whole heap of
shinyness - faster network, faster flash access, improved I2C.

To this end I will stop merging patches in to 4.7. Please target the
4.10 tree from here on.

Use this thread to discuss concerns and coordinate the work that needs
to be done. Bits that I'm aware of

 - Eddie is updating userspace to the new FSI APIs
 - I need to merge the upstream FSI patchset
 - Brednan needs to post the lastest version of the i2c patchset which
I will merge
 - I need to merge benh's ftgmac100 improvements

Cheers,

Joel