I2C device driver names

Matt Spinler mspinler at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 19 05:26:43 AEDT 2016

Hello,

I am taking a closer look at how to model the pca9552 LED driver in the
machine readable workbook and device tree.   In the system, it will be
used both for LEDs and for general purpose GPIOs.

I see there is both a pca955x driver and a pca963x driver.  The 955x one
has no documentation in the bindings directory.  The 963x one has
documentation, but doesn't mention anything about how to handle GPIOs,
nor am I sure that a 9552 is register compatible with the 16 LED 963x
chip anyway.

Does anyone here have any experience describing this chip in the device
tree?

Thanks.