I2C device driver names

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri Oct 7 10:42:24 AEDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Matt Spinler
<mspinler at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of my work to generate a device tree from the machine readable
> workbook XML, I need to create I2C device entries, which have the compatible
> properties that need to be filled in.
>
> The following parts are present in the system I'm trying to build, with
> firmware requirements to access them.  I took a stab at the names.  Could
> someone doublecheck them and maybe comment on if a driver is missing, or
> maybe if some upcoming work is known that will include it?  I didn't have
> much luck finding a lot of these in the Documentation/devicetree/bindings
> directories.

If they're not in the kernel tree it could mean there is not a driver
for them, or that they are supported as part of the trivial device
bindings.

> PMBus Power supplies:   ?
>
> MAX31785 fan controller:  max,max31785

Doesn't appear to be an upstream driver. Please open a ticket.

> BMP280:  bosch,bmp280

Supported by the iio bmp280 driver.

> TMP4523A temp sensor:  ti,tmp423

Supported by the tmp421 hwmon driver.

> TMP275 temp sensor: ti,tmp275

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/trivial-devices.txt

Supported by the lm75 hwmon driver.

> pca9552 IO expander:  nxp,pca9552

This appears to be a LED driver?

There's a LED device driver called leds-pca955x.

> UCD90160 power sequencer: ti,ucd90160

A kernel driver called ucd9000 appears to support similar chips.
Please open a ticket.

> RX8900CE RTC:  epson,rx8900ce

No upstream driver. Please open a ticket.

> 24c64 EEPROM:  atmel,24c64

LGTM.

Cheers,

Joel