Starting the phosphor-hwmon service from udev rules

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Nov 29 13:42:16 AEDT 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:31:20AM -0600, Matt Spinler wrote:
> The command line in the unit file would then somehow make a
> udevadm call to pull out the ENVFILE so it can get passed into the
> executable along with the device path.

This was a detail I missed before.  systemd service files natively have
the variable 'ENVFILE'.  If they don't automatically take the ENVFILE
from the environment (via udev invocation) then I would rather we use
unique systemd service files instead of unique udev rules.  Having the
systemd service file launch some kind of piped shell processing is
problematic and certainly not preferred.

--
Patrick Williams