Query on image deployment on ASPEED board

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Thu Nov 17 17:00:01 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Arjun Padmanabhan
<arjun.padmanabhan at microsemi.com> wrote:
>> If you have a flash programmer available you can put the palmetto-flash image on there. I recommend taking a back up of the flash in case it does not work.
>
> Netboot with tftp is for an emulator or we can netboot with tftp from board itself?
> I don’t have a flash programmer. If I want to boot the image from ASPEED board, I would be needing one?
> Any other way is there to boot the image from board?

Yes, you can tftp an image over the network. Power up the board, and
stop u-boot before it loads the kernel. From there you can specify
your tftp server and use u-boot's commands to load an image into
memory.

u-boot can then boot from this image in memory, or you can write it to
flash. Be aware that if the system crashes while re-flashing u-boot
you will need an external programmer to recover.