OpenBMC v1.0 tagged!

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Jun 21 01:16:52 AEST 2016

I have just tagged v1.0 and uploaded it to Github.  This is meant as the
release to support Barreleye in production capacity.  Thank you to
everyone that contributed over the last year to get us to this point and
congrats on this major milestone!

I have also create a branch named v1.0-stable.  If there are any bug
fixes or minor feature enhancements for Barreleye, they should go there.
You will need to create a pull request against that branch instead of
master.

Looking forward, the majority of the IBM development team is shifting focus
towards a set of Power9-based systems.  You may have already seen
commits related to the Witherspoon system.  With this in mind, 'master'
will become the development branch toward the systems in that
time-frame.  There is also a milestone in Github, 'openBMC v2.0 Backlog'
that enumerates the work-items we plan to do.

Our intention is to continue to support Barreleye (and the other
experimental Power8 machines) in the 2.0 development tree, but since it
is a development tree, expect some instability (and likely API changes)
there.

Even though the IBM development team is focused on Power systems, we
look forward to working with anyone who is interested in extended our
code-base to support non-Power platforms.  This may cause us to shift
release names, time lines, and feature support before we complete our
"2.0" features.

--
Patrick Williams