AST2500 support questions

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri Jun 10 18:50:37 AEST 2016

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Xo Wang <xow at google.com> wrote:
>> We tried to boot it with uImage and separate DTB image using the
>> command 'bootm <KERNEL_ADDR> - <DTB_ADDR>'
>
> If I understand correctly, the configuration you tried is to load the DTB at
> 0x82000000 and pass that address to a CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT kernel in register
> r2. This should work and is probably considered the preferred/idiomatic ARM
> way, but not how the phosphor build is doing it.

Yep. We would prefer to do it this way, but I believe the bootm
command in the u-boot tree we're running lacks support. On the
ast2500, where we're using u-boot 2016.05, we can stop appending the
device tree to the kernel and do things this way.

I think we will hold off until we move to a common, modern u-boot for
all platforms.

Cheers,

Joel