Continuous Integration authorization against openbmc/openbmc

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 06:36:24 AEST 2016

Just a heads up that I created a jenkins job today that will do github
id validation on gerrit commits to the openbmc/openbmc repo.

If the person is on the list, then the jenkins job will give the
gerrit a +1 on it's Ok-To-Test variable, which in turn will trigger
another jenkins job that does the actual build and qemu run.

If a github id is not on the approved list then, you'll get a message
in your gerrit review about seeing an admin.  This whole thing is to
protect against people putting up evil commits that could abuse our CI
process.  If you need to be added to the list then just send out a
query to the mailing list or ping on IRC.  Eventually we'll probably
base approval on who's in the openbmc community or something.

The plan going forward for CI is to enhance the QEMU job to run a base
set of robot tests and then to run the commit against real hardware
that we're getting setup here in Austin.

Validation Job: https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-userid-verify/
CI Job            :
https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-build-gerrit-trigger-multi/

Cheers!