Aspeed 2500 EVB i2c transaction time out

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri Jul 22 02:35:39 AEST 2016

Hello Shay,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Shay Slobodkin <shays at mellanox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We faced an i2c transaction time-out issue on Aspeed 2500 EVB board.
>
> It happens when we try to connect on board LM75 at 0x4d driver to bus 7.
>
> We used https://github.com/openbmc/linux/tree/dev-4.6 kernel and also tried
> https://github.com/shenki/linux/tree/dev-4.7 kernel.

I know that communication with the lm75 does work - I've had it
working here on a my ast2500evb-ddr4.

The state of these two kernel trees is not great at this time. I plan
to push a new tree next week based on the released 4.7 kernel with our
new pinmux driver, which is the correct way to ensure pins are
configured correctly.

If you can wait until then you should have more success. Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers,

Joel