OpenBMC port to AST2400 on Piestewa Peak CRB?

Chris Austen austenc at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 14 08:13:44 AEST 2016

Hi David, is that something you would be interested in helping to develop?

Chris Austen
POWER Systems Enablement Manager
(512) 286-5184 (T/L: 363-5184)

From:	Tian Fang <tfang at fb.com>
To:	Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz>, David Müller (ELSOFT AG)
            <d.mueller at elsoft.ch>
Cc:	openbmc at lists.ozlabs.org, Teddy Reed <teddy at prosauce.org>
Date:	07/13/2016 11:59 AM
Subject:	Re: OpenBMC port to AST2400 on Piestewa Peak CRB?
Sent by:	"openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+austenc=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>

Hi Dave,

Facebook has been developing OpenBMC for several Intel host CPU boards
using AST2400. But not for Piestewa Peak Customer Reference board. As
Patrick mentioned, "The AST2400 itself is
host-processor agnostic, so it probably wouldn't be much trouble to get it
running on that board."

Facebook OpenBMC repo is at http://github.com/facebook/openbmc. We are
working with IBM team to have common Linux kernel and u-boot.

Thx,
Tian