Automated test migration

Chris Austen austenc at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 13 10:09:22 AEDT 2016

 I've known for a while that we would eventually move the automated test suites from https://github.com/mkumatag/openbmc-automation to https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation.  That day came yesterday.  Manjuanth and I have adhered to code review principals making sure that we never merged without the others review.  However I will admit the commit message and the amount of commits per pull request was not my top priority.  To be honest just getting to the state where dev and test were developing code in the same sprint was good enough, all other things be damned.  Now I see there are a lot of review comments aimed at the style of committing.

So now we are at a junction.  Should I ask Manjuanth to stop test automation development to work on squashing logical commits or should I keep him working on automating the code we are developing.  I certainly understand the need for a git history that tells the story.  It also makes sense to read commit best practices as those listed by Stewart and Patrick and become better developers for it.

I ask is there anything that would put a hold on merging the pull request as is?  I do need a response from those with comments as you are the ones that put the time and effort in to reviewing it in the first place.

Chris Austen
POWER Systems Enablement Manager
(512) 286-5184 (T/L: 363-5184)