Robot Tests in CI

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 06:34:37 AEST 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Joel Stanley <joel at jms.id.au> wrote:
> Hey Andrew,

Hey Joel!

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 1:00 AM, Andrew Geissler <geissonator at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've enabled running our robot CI tests against all of the
>> openbmc/openbmc gerrit commits.  This is against the basic ARM based
>> QEMU model.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Do you intend to run it against the palmetto qemu? This would be
> useful to ensure our kernel and userspace interactions are not
> regressing.

Definitely!  Just not in this commit :)  We wanted to start with the basics.
Running against Palmetto QEMU and running an enhanced CI bucket
against it are on the list.

>> Reviews/Comments (or +1's) appreciated on the scripts to do this:
>>
>> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/166/  (main script)
>> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/176/  (minor change to support
>> QEMU in docker)
>
> Andrew J has beat me to it. Look good in general.
>

>> The jenkins job can be found here:
>> https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-test-qemu-ci/
>>
>> The test team is working on optimizing the test suite to ensure as
>> much coverage in as minimum amount of time.
>>
>> Also, I've tweaked the build-setup.sh script to support ppc64le,
>> comments (or +1's) appreciated here as well:
>> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/196/
>
> Looks good, pending addressing Andrew J's feedback.
>

>> Next on the list is a real-hardware based CI job.
>
> Great!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joel

Unfortunately we've got a bit of a blocker with
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/issues/78
We're still running the CI tests but we wont fail the job if the CI
test fails until we get this resolved.

Andrew