Aspeed u-boot trees

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Sat Apr 16 14:12:38 AEST 2016

Hello All,

I wanted everyone who has been helping out with u-boot to get on the
same page. We have a few trees floating around, and the last thing we
want is to be doubling up on work.

Ted's tree
 - ast2400 patches that Facebook were using
 - rebased on 2016.03
 - cleanups
 - https://github.com/theopolis/u-boot-openbmc/tree/v2016.03-openbmc-r1

Cedric's tree:
 - ast2400 patches that the IBM team were using
 - rebased on 2016.03+
 - https://github.com/legoater/u-boot

Joel's tree
 - Cedric's tree, after deleting a lot of unused code
 - https://github.com/shenki/u-boot/tree/aspeed/openbmc-cleanups

Finally, I took a copy of Aspeed's latest BSP that supports the
ast2500 as well as SoCs supported by the existing code and pushed it:

  https://github.com/shenki/u-boot/tree/v2013.01-aspeed-ast2500

This tree is somewhat cleaner than the previous. It groups boards in
generation 3, 4, and 5. This is an attractive option for focusing our
cleanup and upstream efforts from here.

Ted, what are your plans for your tree? Do you have time, or would you
like some help?

Cedric, I think you have some cycles available to do some u-boot work.
Which tree do you think is best to work from?

Cheers,

Joel