bitesize tag for OpenBMC issues

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Thu Apr 14 14:27:47 AEST 2016

Hi all,

In our continuous effort to lower the barrier-to-entry for OpenBMC
contribution, I've added a 'bitesize' tag to a couple of our
repositories on github.

This tag is intended for issues that could feasibly done by a relative
newcomer to OpenBMC. A few general criteria that I'd suggest we use:

 - Are self-contains and don't require an understanding of multiple
   subsystems

 - Doesn't require in-depth knowledge of OpenBMC internals

 - Doesn't involve long-term design decisions, or external interface
   definitions

 - Are fairly-completely described by the content of the issue

I don't think all bitesize bugs should necessarily be "easy", but just
well-encapsulated and can provide a starting point for someone with
technical experience in related fields.

For example, we'll be using this for kernel issues that a kernel
developer, with no prior OpenBMC experience, could potentially help out
with.

These issues will then appear in our project-wide query:

  https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+user%3Aopenbmc+label%3Abitesize

- which is referenced in our contributing doc:

  https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/contributing.md

So: please feel free to add this label to your bugs & enhancements! If
you'd like to use this on a repo that doesn't already have the label
available, please let Patrick or me know, and we can add it.

Cheers,

Jeremy