EEPROM driver

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Wed Sep 30 10:47:59 AEST 2015

Hey Patrick,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:
> The EEPROM connected to the BMC is an AT24C256.  This is already
> supported by a kernel driver: drivers/misc/eeprom/at24.c.  It is enabled
> with EEPROM_AT24.
>
> If we have enabled this driver correctly and probe the i2c bus then
> there will be an entry in /sys/bus/i2c/devices/ with a file containing
> the EEPROM data.  This file can then be passed to our IPMI FRU parser
> and then updated in the appropriate fru-manager DBus object.

IIRC it lives on i2c1 - the second bus. We should be able to add it to
the device tree and have the kernel load the driver at boot; this is
working for the rtc device that sits on i2c0.

However, I'm currently hunting down an interrupt issue with the i2c
bus driver when we enable anything more than the first bus. I'll let
you know when we have that working.

Cheers,

Joel