BSP layers

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Sep 30 00:44:51 AEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 02:47:59PM -0400, Brad Bishop wrote:
> I have a couple new layer repositories:
>
> https://github.com/bradbishop/meta-aspeed <https://github.com/bradbishop/meta-aspeed>
> https://github.com/bradbishop/meta-openpower <https://github.com/bradbishop/meta-openpower>
>
> Appreciate any feedback.
>
> Thx! - brad

Brad,

I noticed in the layer.conf files we are manually assigning priority.
Do we want to allow the automatic assignment or is there some guidelines
on what the priority should be?

Seems that you have:
    * BMC Hardware Layer - 7
    * Host Machine Class - 8
    * Host Machine Specific - 9
    * OEM Machine Enhancment - 10 (not there, but imagined by me).

Based on the conference call we had last week, I think we should go
ahead and make github.com/openbmc repositories for these two you have.
I can create that if you want.

What is your proposal for where these repositories live in
openbmc/openbmc?  meta-openbmc-bsp for meta-aspeed?  I'm unsure if
meta-openpower belongs under a meta-openbmc-machines or
meta-phosphor/meta-machines?

--
Patrick Williams