SDK usage

Brad Bishop brad at bwbmail.net
Thu Sep 24 13:15:05 AEST 2015

For those that have been playing around with the Yocto build environment I just wanted to point out that you don't have to build an image every time as you develop your applications.

You can build a relocatable SDK and then use that to cross compile. After that you can simply copy your app(s) over to the qemu instance with ssh. Here are some (brief) instructions - https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Howto---Build-using-the-SDK <https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Howto---Build-using-the-SDK>

Let me know if there are any questions or feedback.

Thx - Brad