Supporting new flash in pflash

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Wed Nov 18 17:53:35 AEDT 2015

Hi Ben,

On the barreleye BMC we have a 32MB flash. I can pflash -i the system
pnor, but when I attempt to look at the BMC flash, It errors out.

u-boot indicated that it's a 0x20ba19, so I added this to the flash_info table.

+       { 0x20ba19, 0x02000000, FL_ERASE_4K  | FL_ERASE_64K | FL_CAN_4B |
+                                FL_ERASE_BULK | FL_MICRON_BUGS,
+                                                          "Micron
N25Q256A"    },

However this fails:

root at barreleye:~# ./pflash -i -b
LIBFLASH: Failed to set controller 4b mode
LIBFLASH: Flash configuration failed
Failed to open flash chip

Do you have any ideas?

Cheers,