Fwd: OpenBMC workshop agenda (was: "Fwd: Foxconn/Rackspace workshop agenda")

Norman James njames at us.ibm.com
Sun Dec 20 00:21:57 AEDT 2015

Unfortunately, there is quite a bit more to having OpenBMC support a given
system (x86 or otherwise).   Unless you got really lucky, the GPIO's on
your x86 system likely do various other things than we do.   A simple
example, is we have a gpio to control the power sequencer to power on
system.   The x86 system might also use a gpio, but could be a different
gpio or it might control power from southbridge.   you would need a
schematic of your system or reverse engineer the board to know.

Regards,
Norman James
IBM - POWER Systems Architect
Phone: 1-512-286-6807 (T/L: 363-6807)