[NEMO-devel] Information required on NEMO

Ben Elliston bje at air.net.au
Tue Feb 15 08:42:05 AEDT 2022

Hi Yash,

Thanks for your email.

> Can NEMO software be utilised for Power to Hydrogen modelling?

Yes, as it happens! There are currently simple generator models for
electrolysers, hydrogen storage vessels (unspecified technology) and
gas turbines running in hydrogen. These generator models are pretty
simple at the moment, but I'd welcome any suggestions on how they
could be extended.

At present, the electrolyers only run when there is surplus variable
renewable generation. I have been working (as time allows!) to make
this more generalised so that we can model loads that make their own
decisions about when to run.

Regards,
Ben