[NEMO-devel] NEMO speed-ups

Ben Elliston bje at air.net.au
Wed Apr 3 11:01:45 AEDT 2019

Hi.

I am re-writing the innermost loops of the simulation in nemo/sim.py
in C++. Based on some preliminary experiments, I'm hoping for a 5x to
10x performance improvement for a single simulation run which will
make a dramatic difference to total runtimes.

The downside is that installing NEMO is going to be more difficult,
especially for Windows users. You'll need a C++ compiler installed to
compile these C++ bits. The setup.py script will do all of the work,
however.

Cheers,
Ben