[NEMO-devel] Is this a bug?: previous.out display

Ben Elliston bje at air.net.au
Sun Sep 24 20:28:14 AEST 2017

Hi Yusak

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 03:35:00PM +1000, Ben Elliston wrote:

> When you run replay.py, you need to supply the same -d options as you
> pass to evolve.py.  I have some ideas for how to make this better, but
> haven't implemented them yet.

Thanks for poking me about this last week.  This shortcoming annoyed
me, but not enough to fix it. Now that others are suffering, I fixed
it. :-)

Check the notebook documentation for details, but in summary, the
evolve.py script now writes out everything that was used as part of
the evolution so that replay.py can replicate the results without you
having to supply that information.  The input parameters, generator
capacites, scenario name, etc. are all encoded in a JSON format file.
You then just pass the filename to replay.py like so:

python replay.py -f results.json [plus any other options like -x]

Enjoy!
Ben