dead hvc_console with kdump kernel

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Mon Mar 6 17:26:30 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:29, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:41, Ryan Arnold wrote:
> > If interrupts end up being disabled by the kexec call and you still need
> > the console you could try to find a way to set hp->irq = NO_IRQ in this
> > case such that the khvcd thread is continually rescheduled to poll the
> > hypervisor buffer and never sleeps indefinitely, as via the interrupt
> > driven method.
>
> Still not sure what's going on here, some interrupt weirdness.

I'm stuck on this, when we switch to the kdump kernel we just stop getting
interrupts for the console. We never see them in xics_get_irq(), but
everything else seems to be working dandy.

:(

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person