PPC64 boot failure with 2.6.15

Patrick Finnegan vax at purdue.edu
Thu Jan 26 15:53:38 EST 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 23:07, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 January 2006 21:23, you wrote:
> > And replace the for loop with for_each_cpu()
>
> Thanks for the hint!
>
> I can confirm that this fixes the problem.  Patch below.

Grumble.  It looks like I was wrong (I compiled a UP kernel, not an SMP one).
The change doesn't fix anything; it still has the message:
mpic: Setting up MPIC " MPIC     " version 1.at fec00000, max 1 CPUs

Looks like that doesn't change anything.

What's the last kernel that has the old (working) OpenPIC code?

Pat
--
Purdue University Research Computing --  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcac