FW: Fwd: kernel debugging tool

Jens Osterkamp Jens.Osterkamp at de.ibm.com
Thu Jan 19 23:10:38 EST 2006

Hyo,

besides simple printk debugging ;-) we use RISCwatch, which is a networked
device for JTAG communication.
You can read registers, memory, ... with it.
We also have a "drone" card which is a IBM internal development tool.
Basically it is a PCI card which gives you
access to a lot of lowlevel hardware resources in the machine.

Hope that helps,

Jens

eMail: osterkam at de.ibm.com -- Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-5071
IBM Germany Lab, Schönaicherstr. 220, 71032 Böblingen

             Hyo Jung Song
             <hjsong at samsung.c
             Sent by:                  linuxppc64-dev at ozlabs.org
             linuxppc64-dev-bo                                          cc
             unces at ozlabs.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       FW: Fwd: kernel debugging tool
             01/19/2006 01:00
             AM

   WE are interested in Cell BE (broadband engine) Linux patch. (found in
http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/cbexdev.html)
   We want to debug kernel sources sometimes. How can we do it?
   I believe you guys debugged kernel source codes for CBE and you used
   some tools.
   Could you please some tips for this? Thank you.

   Hyo Jung Song
   Senior Engineer
   Samsung Electronics
   tel. 82-2-3416-0355