[patch 2/8] powerpc: systemsim block device driver

Arnd Bergmann arndb at de.ibm.com
Sun Jan 15 23:32:40 EST 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 02:54, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm not seeing where the _init function
> is detecting the presence of the driver (i.e. the environment) without
> doing callthru() calls. There should be a way to detect the presence of
> it before you start executing random instructions (which is what the
> callthru is, right?)

Right, it's missing from this version of the driver. Last we talked
about this, the consensus was that the driver needs to look for
of device nodes below "/mambo/" for each of the block devices it
creates. Apparently this change has not yet found the way in yet.

> Also, do you want to keep the Mambo naming in there, or move over to
> systemsim?

I would vote for moving everything over to 'systemsim' names, but I did
not want to make big changes to the driver. I did change the file names
as part of splitting up Eric's tree into separate patches with the
Kconfig and Makefile changes in each of them.

	Arnd <><